West Lake Hills, Texas
Site Specific Building Code Analysis for your Home and Lot
Site Specific Residential Code Analysis
for West Lake Hills, Texas
The West Lake Hills Building Code and Master Plan are designed to address unique differences and challenges presented by the diverse topography and dense urban forest, while striving to strike a balance between development and preservation of our city's natural beauty.
Whether your lot is large or small, flat or sloped...
Whether you are on private septic or city sewer...
Whether you are contemplating new construction or simply adding on to your home...
Our city's rules will vary from lot to lot.
Conditions that commonly require variances within the West Lake Hills Code of Ordinances:
- Existing vs. Proposed impervious coverage
- Different setbacks for different size lots
- Separate setbacks for buildings, septic and driveways
- Development restrictions based on slopes
- Height ordinance and height exemptions
- Tree removal and replacement
- Trees located in the Fire Safety Buffer Zone
- Pre-existing non-conforming structures
- Front and side yard fences
- Allowable cut / fill in setbacks
- Exterior lighting requirements
- Regulations for swimming pools and decks
- Fire sprinkler requirements.
- Rules for accessory structures
I offer consulting and planning services to WLH homeowners, architects, builders and realtors.
I have a clear understanding of the WLH building code, and how it is applied to any lot in the city of West Lake Hills. And, I inform clients on their ability to develop properties while conforming with the perceived complexities of the WLH building code, always seeking to avoid the variance process.
I have worked within the City of West Lake Hills for 14 years and have many references upon request. I look forward to working with you on your next project.
Davin Fillpot - firstname.lastname@example.org
Service to the City of West Lake Hills
Zoning and Planning Commission 2006 - 2008
Building Design Committee 2006 - 2010
City Council 2008 - 2011
Board of Adjustments 2008 - 2011
City Planner 2011 - 2013